1. Pinsky Law is a law firm providing a range of cost effective legal services to individuals and businesses from the offices in Toronto and Barrie. A niche status and use of technology enable Pinsky Law to provide high quality, cost effective legal solutions to our individual and business clients. We also serve as corporate general counsel on a part-time basis for clients whose management teams require dedicated, in-house legal management and resources, but are not yet large enough to justify hiring full-time general counsel. We also represent clients in business, corporate, commercial and intellectual property litigation matters before Ontario Superior Court of Justice and Federal Court of Canada.
2. We receive dozens of general and case-specific legal inquiries via eMail and telephone each week. We cannot answer these without comprehensive discussion, analysis and clarification available in the context of a formal consultation. We do not provide free initial consultations.
3. In the interest of cost-effectiveness, we offer a MANDATORY one hour paid initial consultation in order to substantially address issues and questions potential clients may have before retaining our services. All potential clients are subject to the mandatory initial consultation. During the initial consultation we in depth clarify facts and legal issues of your case, discuss legal options and strategies available, define what services you may require, and estimate a fee for your representation. The initial consultation DOES NOT establish client-lawyer relationship between you and Pinsky Law. Pinsky Law will not be representing you unless and until the terms of our representation are discussed and mutually agreed upon by you and Pinsky Law, Patent & Trademark Agents, in writing. We NEVER accept clients without a signed representation agreement. Therefore, do not send to us any documents or confidential information unless we asked you to do so.
4. The cost of the one hour initial consultation is four hundred dollars ($400.00). Regular hourly rates will apply thereafter. The payment must be made BEFORE the consultation is scheduled. Initial consultations are typically scheduled within several days after payment. Telephone and eMail consultations are available, for those outside of Toronto and Barrie areas. Follow the two steps below to schedule the initial consultation.
We do not credit the initial consultation payments to future work. This is because the consultation is extremely valuable in and of itself. The consultation is not a loss leader or a sales tool to generate additional work. This philosophy produces a high quality product useful to you whether or not you retain us for additional work. We have the incentive to give you a balanced answer, even if the information is not what you want to hear. You are not pressured into making a "future legal services" decision, based on an expiring consultation credit timetable. Follow the two steps below to schedule the initial consultation.
5. First Step - Payment. To schedule the initial consultation, click the ADD TO CART button below. You will be taken to our order processing page, which will collect your contact information before transferring you to our secure payment processing gateway administered by PayPal. You can use your PayPal account to pay or your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express credit card. Once the transaction is completed you will receive an eMail receipt. The payment must be made before you contact our office. Requests for a discussion on the phone or by eMail will not receive a reply.
6. Second Step - eMail. Following the payment, send to us an eMail with a detailed description of your case, issues involved, and services you require, along with a payment reference number that will appear on the eMail receipt. It is helpful to understand your background and what you are working on particularly if you are not referred by someone we know. Bear in mind that eMails from free eMail domains (such as Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Live, MSN, Facebook, etc.) are automatically deleted by our server and are not delivered to us.
7. Bear in mind also that in the absence of a specifically contracted sum for a specific service, any discussed fees and disbursements figures are ballpark figures only for minimum cases only. Forewarned is forearmed. Raise at the outset of your discussions with us whatever concerns you may have about budgeting adequately for fees and disbursements expected (particularly in litigation matters) for any task that you ask us to undertake.