I am a member of Ontario Bar. Prior to completing my J.D. degree at the Faculty of Law at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, I obtained B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering and M.Sc. degree in computer engineering. I also hold M.B.A. degree from the School of Business at the University of Ottawa, Ontario. My offices are located in Barrie and Toronto.
I assist my individual clients in the areas of Residential and Commercial Real Estate, Wills & Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Corporate and Business Law, Taxation and Wealth Management. I help my clients to manage wealth through preparation and administration of Wills, Trusts and Estates. I assist clients with obtaining probate (Certificate of Appointment) and provide general Estate Administration legal advice. I also represent clients in civil, business, commercial, real estate and wills/estates litigation matters before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Appeal. Finally, I assist my individual clients in responding to audit inquiries from tax authorities, negotiating with tax authorities on behalf of my clients, preparing notices of objection and appeals against tax assessments and litigating tax disputes (CRA litigation) at all judicial levels, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Tax Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Canada.
I assist my business clients in establishing of legal presence through protection of corporate and intellectual property interests, including incorporation of businesses, preparation of shareholders agreements, preparation of business agreements, registration of trademarks and resolution of business conflicts. In my business practice, I advise on issues concerning shareholders' agreements, merger agreements, partnership and joint venture agreements. Some of the most frequent business law services provided to business clients include:
- Incorporation of new business and preparation of shareholders agreements;
- Preparation of partnership agreements;
- Monitoring compliance with corporate laws;
- Preparation and review of commercial real estate leases;
- Introduction and Distribution of New Products - technology licensing agreements, technology transfers, technology royalty agreements, intellectual property protection strategy;
- Access to Venture Capital - angel investors, venture capital investors, strategic partners, joint ventures, private placements, reverse takeovers, IPO readiness;
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses - asset and share sales, management buy-outs, family succession, shareholder buy-sells and dispute resolution;
- Shareholder and Partner Disputes - acting for oppressed minority or advising control group and negotiating voluntary or involuntary exits with and without litigation;
- Corporate Reorganizations - strategize and implement key employee buy-ins, capital restructurings with owner/operators;
- Employment Agreements and Employment Disputes - acting for employees or advising corporate management and negotiating voluntary or involuntary separation between a company and an employee;
- Private and Not-for-profit Associations - advise on corporate, governance, and HR aspects of non-profits;
- Exempt Offerings of Securities - preparation of Offering Memorandum, key agreements, multiple closings, advise and preparation of documents for closely-held issuer offerings;
- Source and Implement Debt Finance - secured bank loans, term equipment loans, bulk lease financings, convertible debentures, factoring, asset-based lending.